Thursday, October 2, 2008

Murphy's Law

Murphy's law is an adage in Western culture that broadly states, "if anything can go wrong, it will." It is also cited as: "If there's more than one possible outcome of a job or task, and one of those outcomes will result in disaster or an undesirable consequence, then somebody will do it that way"; "Anything that can go wrong, will," the similar "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"; or, "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way".

Such is the way of my life!!

Referrals from China began arriving on Monday, September 29th! Hey...they are early, awesome, if even just a couple of days! Then slowly as the 29th and 30th came and went, we found that the cut-off dates for referrals this time was February 15, 2006. Yes...that's right...ONE day before our LID!! AAARRRGGGHHH SmileyCentral.com

So, one could look on the bright side and think, well, at least you know your next now...which is true...and I do take comfort in this. BUT...when is "next"????? And are the families who get referrals "next" going to be able to get to China and get their children before the end of 2008? When will we be traveling? Will we be in China for Christmas?...New Years?SmileyCentral.com
Still SO many questions...and so few answers.

So for the next month, I will be reviewing packing lists from families who BTDT. When I sit and think about packing for this trip, it just seems so completely overwhelming, I don't know where to begin! You'd think after all this time I would have all this figured out!

ONE MORE MONTH...and we will finally see Willow's face for the first time. Funny thing about that though...a friend of mine just recently expressed to me how excited she is to see the picture...to see what Willow looks like. This made me stop and think about that, and you know, of course I want to see her picture, but really all I want is for someone to tell me where she is and that I can go get her...that's all I really need. I've seen Willow in my dreams for years now...and I'm sure no matter what her picture looks like, she will be exactly the daughter from my dreams!

ONE MORE MONTH...that's nothing....should fly by...right?!SmileyCentral.com